Tuesday, May 27, 2008

From the mouths of babes. Er, three year olds.

The family living next door to Cindy is Portuguese, and their youngest is one of Cindy's charges. Usually it's the grandmother who comes to pick him up at the end of the day - the hunch-backed, dark-skinned, frizzy gray-haired grandmother.

The other day when we were driving home from Cindy's, Liam and I had this conversation:
Liam: "You know who looks like me?"
Me: "Mallory?"
Liam: "No..."
Me: "Daddy?"
Liam: "No..."
Me: "Who?"
Liam: "Christiano's grandma."
Me (trying not to laugh): "Really? Why do you think she looks like you?"
Liam: "Christiano's grandma has hair like mines." (Yes, he still puts an s on the end of 'mine'.)
Me: "Oh, you mean because it's curly?"
Liam: "No, because it's the same colour."

Let me know if you figure that one out.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

okay, I'll figure that one out if you tell me how to convince Noah that there isn't a purple fairy witch that visits him at night..........she's nice though, not mean.........and she's purple.......did I mention that....and she kinda looks like Hannah Montana......a little bit?

Brandy said...

Any chance he's color blind? Not to be a downer or anything but just wondering if that is actually a possibility. Thanks for sharing all of his cuteness with us!

Carrie said...

Thankfully... I don't think he's colour blind... though I did go through a phase of worrying about that when he was first learning his colours - because he was always mixing up the red and the green! He is pretty consistent with it now though - enough to make me think he sees colour the same way I do. :)

Anonymous said...

maybe he was making a joke?