Monday, May 30, 2005

Go shorty, it's your birthday

Well, actually, it’s my birthday. And I’m 30!!! Normally I would expound on the significance of hitting such a big milestone, but frankly, these days, I just don’t have the time.

Liam did give me a little birthday gift: he was only up to eat ONCE between 10 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. Normally he’s up twice. Dare I dream that this is the start of something? The bad news, however, is that he was up for a good hour and a half (normally we have these sessions down to 30 minutes.) So I’m not sure I really gained anything, and today I’m pooped.

An odd little Liam-happening is that yesterday he seemed to lose his voice. For some reason he cried almost in a whisper all day – like he had laryngitis. He’s not sick, he just has no voice. Today it seems to be getting back to normal. We’re going to the doctor’s office on Wednesday so if it hasn’t fully come back by then I will ask about it.

So back to the wedding, and Liam’s well-behavedness: he slept through the first half of the night, and was then quite content to be passed around among the guests:



Last night Chad and I were wrapping up the weekend, discussing what we had accomplished, and here’s a funny: he said he couldn’t believe how little he had gotten done compared to what he had wanted to. And I couldn’t believe how MUCH I had gotten done. We had played the old back-and-forth with Liam. I would watch him while Chad cut the grass, Chad would watch him while I ran errands, etc. I got a lot more done than I do when I’m home alone with him, that’s for sure. And funny enough, most of Chad’s parenting shifts (because that’s what it’s called in our house, parenting – he’s not allowed to call it ‘babysitting’ when it’s his own child!) coincided with the men’s draw at the French Open, so don’t try to tell me that he would have been busy with anything else anyway…

0 comments: