Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Randomness


  • Tonight's episode of Lost is called The Little Prince. So now my favourite show is tying into my favourite book! Hmmmm. Last week was excellent - I loved the young Charles Widmore.
  • This morning, when I asked Mallory what she wanted for breakfast, she said, "Chicken and noodles and peas." Which is the exact meal I served to her for dinner last night. Which is the exact meal that she barely touched when it was served to her. She got a bowl of cereal instead.
  • Mallory has taken to calling me Mom-Mom. When I walk in the door at Cindy's: "There's Mom-Mom!" I love this. I have never been called Mommy - both Liam and Mallory went straight from speaking in gibberish to calling me Mom (I suppose Mallory learned this from Liam; who knows where Liam learned it from). So I will enjoy it while it lasts.
  • I think both of my kids are getting a little too set in their ways. Generally, I make dinner for the family. Mallory now talks about this when I go pick her up from Cindy's - she will say she will go home and watch Happy Feet and mom will make supper. Liam came out with it a little more bluntly a few days ago, as we were assembling Mallory's new bed. It ran into dinner time and I suppose he was starting to get hungry because he turned to me and said, "Go make supper now." I got his point, but told him in no uncertain terms not to bark orders to me like that again.
  • This picture was taken on Sunday morning. While some people may have been saving their appetites for Superbowl parties later in the day, we were in the midst of a big Sunday morning breakfast as we usually are when one of the Grand Slam tournaments comes to an end. This time, we were watching the men's final of the Australian Open.

0 comments: