Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Back again

The past week or so has gone by in a blur. Between a trip out of town with some friends on the weekend and an exam and project due for my class both on Monday night, it feels like I have lost the last few days. Liam spent Saturday night with Grandma and Grandpa Cook, and came home referring to Grandpa as Bruce. I’m not quite sure why he’s taken this up, unless Grandpa has resorted to feeding Liam chocolate cake for breakfast in order to win him over. Lest I feel left out, Liam has also come up with a song that he sings from behind the gate at the top of the stairs when he knows I am working at the desk just out of sight below: Mom! Mom! Mom! Second verse, same as the first… I may be hearing a lot more of this song in the near future, as the next-to-last action item I have for this course is a major paper that’s due in 3 weeks, one that won’t be hard to write but will require some significant time; and after that, a take-home exam, before I’m free and clear by the first week of December. For tonight at least I am going to take a bit of a breather – some time with Liam, a yoga class, and getting started on The Memory Keeper’s Daughter, which is my book club’s selection for November. Much more enjoyable reading material than a textbook.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

To keep the records straight - I didn't give Liam chocolate cake - He pointed to the family picture & said Mom,Dad,Bruce - that's my story & I am sticking to it.