Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thinking pink


In the past week or two, I have been running a little amok in the shopping department (sorry Chad!); but with a Little Miss on the way to join Little Mister, there are some gaps that need to be filled. This little set of onesies helped do the trick; why is it that I am obsessed with Carter's baby clothes and find little onesies so cute, even though I consider them to be more like underwear than a proper outfit?Little Miss also needs a scrapbook, of course. I already have a stack of pages waiting to go into it. Good thing I also ordered some refill pages.
Our intentionally-unisex nursery is remaining largely unchanged - we are not repainting, buying new furniture or bedding. The bedding and rug both have some pink and purple in them (I may need some pink or purple sheets to supplement the blue and yellow we already have), and just by swapping out some of Liam's things for some of Little Miss's things, it will make it that much more girly. I found these prints and looooooooove them; maybe some of Liam's artwork (Nutbrown Hare and The Little Prince) will accompany him to his big boy room, and there will be space for this stuff after all. Finally, I don't have a photo, but there are some lamps at Winner's that I have liked for a long time (why don't they get marked down already!) and that will suit my new girly, slightly shabby nursery just fine. Maybe it's just as well that I don't have a photo to share: Megan has a penchant for buying Winner's lamps out from underneath me. :)

2 comments:

megan said...

Even before I scrolled down to the lame-ass comment I was already thinking "lamps? I really need to get over to Winners and see what all the fuss is about" :)

Anonymous said...

I love how a few touches can sway a room in one direction vs another. We didn't find out whether we were having a boy or a girl, though I found myself wearing a lot of pink. ;) When she was born I gradually added a few touches to the room.

I'm a carter's addict as well, and there's an outlet 5 minutes away. Going there this afternoon to exchange some pajamas as a matter of fact. :)