Saturday, November 04, 2006

First haircut deja vu

I know what you're thinking... haven't we done the first haircut routine before? Well, sort of (back here). But, it was really time for The Shagmeister to get more than just a few wisps cut off. So we were up early this morning and took a walk down to First Choice Haircutters. (For Liam's last trim, we waited until Chad had an appointment with his regular stylist, and then tacked Liam onto the end of his cut; but that's the kind of place where the stylists run around getting you herbal tea refills while they cut - you know, to justify the expense - and I didn't think Liam would have liked the tea, anyway.) Our nameless, wait-in-line-and-take-a-number stylist did a great job making Liam happy, and she saved an envelope full of little red curls without me even having to ask. Then she presented us with a 'My First Haircut' certificate and - the kicker - there was no charge. Who knew that First Choice gives free first haircuts to kids? I think I like it - I will be better able to tell once it's been washed and allowed to dry curly. As it is, we stuck him in his hat for the walk home, so it's straighter than I would have thought - and please, nobody burst my bubble and tell me that that's because we just cut all his curls off and they'll never grow back again.

3 comments:

megan said...

I would never do that to you Carrie! Look how curly Evelyns hair still is after all her cuts. Actually Liam is now one up on both of my kids!

Dawn said...

Look at him sitting there like a little man! We still have to hold Gavin as he is a squirm monster!! Can't wait to see the end result.

Anonymous said...

What no finished product????