Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Flying solo

Chad has been out of town this week, which has been a mixed blessing. On the one hand, the kids have been a bit off the wall lately, I've been getting to work late and leaving early each day to do both the drop-off and pick-up, and I haven't been getting a lot of sleep because I don't sleep well when Chad isn't home - I just have a hard time going to bed early when it feels like our routine is off - and then I've been getting up early to tackle the task of getting the kids out the door solo.

On the other hand, I've had lots of opportunity this week to catch up on my scrapbooking.By yesterday morning though, I was ready for him to come home. Mallory fought me tooth and nail over everything - getting dressed, eating her breakfast, having her hair done, brushing her teeth, and putting on her coat and shoes to get out the door. Liam peed his pants all over the kitchen floor - AFTER he got dressed, of course - so in addition to everything else I was trying to do to get out the door, I had to find him a new outfit, wash his lower half down, throw in a load of laundry, and wash the kitchen floor. Ay yi yi. By the time we finally got out the door, and Liam held it open for a split second too long and Captain escaped, necessitating a neighbourhood-wide manhunt - well, I was about ready to call in sick to work requesting a mental health day.

Chad comes home tonight... and it can't come soon enough!!

0 comments: