Monday, November 09, 2009

Is there a doctor in the house?

I was away for the entire day on Saturday. I left the house shortly after 9 a.m. and wasn't home til the wee hours the following morning. Chad was on his own with the kids for the day, but lest you think he has trouble entertaining them when I am gone, here I present the proof that he is far more resourceful and creative than I will ever be:

That is Mallory lying on the doctor's table (i.e. our ottoman covered with blankets and towels) with a toilet paper cast on her arm.

Apparently he kept them busy for hours playing doctor. We have a couple of toy stethoscopes and blood pressure cuffs, and the rest (assorted needle-less syringes, ear thermometer, measuring cups for doling out cough medicine, band aids etc.) were raided from our first aid box in the linen closet.

That, plus copious amounts of toilet paper.

I got to witness this all again on Sunday, when Mallory spent a good chunk of the day writhing around on the ottoman moaning, "I'm sick! I'm sick! I'm still sick!"

And see all these animals and dolls lined up on the couch? They had all been treated. Every single one. The elephant has a bandaid on his trunk. The giraffe? It was his throat that was sore, of course.I wonder how long til I get my couch back...

0 comments: