Friday, November 13, 2009

Random

This morning, we sent Chad off, then did some fun errands, hit the park for a nice long time and picked up a pizza on our way home.

My Christmas shopping is about half done. Two more weeks, and I hope to have the other half done.

Tomorrow we're going to pick out some shrubs for the back yard. Very excited about that. It seems like we're getting our Indian Summer in November, so might as well make the most of it.

Recently overheard from Mallory: "OH NO! I have a BIG BIG PROBLEM!" (It pertained to one of her dolls.)Today I sent an order to the printer's and have several more projects in the works, at least in my head. Doing one more shoot tomorrow and then things will settle down. (I think!)

My Christmas cards arrived yesterday, and they are stunning. I tried a new printer and a new finish on them, and I love how they turned out. Hope to get them addressed over the next few weeks and into the mail on December 1. I know most people just throw them out come January 1 (hey, that's what I do with most of mine, too!) so I feel like I get more bang for my buck by getting them out early.

We figured out who tore out all the crocus bulbs. Not a squirrel (I don't even know if I've ever seen a squirrel in our yard!) It was the crows. I know this makes no sense whatsoever to those of you who don't live close to me but for you locals... I'm sure you understand!I've watched this week's episode of Glee 3 times.

I think I've finally decided to vaccinate the kids against H1N1. I have until Tuesday to change my mind. Again.

Mallory wants a reindeer for Christmas. For real. I have told her livestock is not allowed within the city limits but I'm not sure she is buying it. Liam wants the McDonald's playset he saw in the Sears catalogue. I hope that doesn't say too much about how and where we feed our kids.

I just put Mallory down for a quick nap - very, very late today - and am on my way downstairs to start pulling out a few Christmas decorations with Liam. No time like the present.

2 comments:

megan said...

I keep all the cards you send.

Carrie said...

Ahhhhh... OK.

Now I feel bad for chucking the ones I get.

(Though to be fair... I still have the photos you send with them on my hard drive! I was just looking at the very first ones we ever did, as a matter of fact!)