Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Not completely reformed just yet

A few weeks ago I was talking to my sister and mentioned that I recently started a subscription to National Geographic. (I think it's a hallmark of being a child of the 70s/80s if you grew up with musty old boxes of this magazine lying around - which you then used for every single geography project you ever did. I would like my kids to have that same option, despite the fact that I know they will use the internet for everything instead... sigh. I will at least enjoy them in the meantime - the recent one about the Gulf oil spill is just amazing.) I got a rate of about $15/year and honestly, it's just such an interesting magazine.

Anyway, my sister's response to this was something to this effect: "What is this, a full lifestyle makeover? You're doing triathlons instead of baking and reading National Geographic instead of People. What's next?"

I just wanted to let it be known that on the weekend, we pulled out our Halloween cookie cutters and our orange and black sprinkles, and made up a batch of thematic cookies.

And then I ate one while reading my most recent People, the one with Kate Gosselin on the cover.

New habits may come... but old ones die hard.

(See our pastry rendition of Captain up top??)


0 comments: