Tuesday, October 26, 2010

This, that, and a whole bunch of Halloweeny goodness

These pictures were all taken at a Halloween party the kids attended on the weekend. Halloween crafts and cookie decorating - it doesn't get much better than that.So, I have a new job. This is still a bit strange for me. I wasn't looking for a new job. But my company did some reorganizing and a new spot came up... and I got slotted into it. So now I am heading up a department of my own. I used to think I would be doing this someday... many many years ago... in recent years, I haven't given it nearly as much thought. I am definitely more of a family-first person than I thought I would be before I had a family of my own. Funny how that happens, huh? Anyway, I gave it a lot of thought and decided to try. So here we are. I do expect to be busier and more time constrained than before, but I expect that to happen on my own terms - i.e. I still plan to get the kids to their activities etc. and I if I have to finish some work up at home that night as a result - so be it.

We'll see how it goes. Posting here may get even more sporadic, but at least now you know why.Mallory has skating tonight. I hope she gets to go - she has missed two weeks in a row. Two weeks ago we were at Kalahari, and she missed a lesson. Last week we fully intended to go, but as we were on our way to the rink, she got her hand caught in an elevator door. I swear, I couldn't make this up even if I tried. It was all very traumatic but she was finally freed and is making a full recovery (I did have several minutes of envisioning her as a cripple, and they were scary as hell. Thankfully this was one of those times when it looked a lot worse than it was.)

(It's a good thing I am relaying that story now that I have some distance from it and can sort of laugh about it and brush it off, because if I had posted about it right after it happened, there would have been many many pages soaked with virtual tears.)
How about that Rocky Horror Glee Show? Finally... a good episode this season! As I'm sure you can tell, I am not feeling the Glee love in Season 2.
How about that windstorm, huh? It blew away my mums but that's OK. They were mostly dead, anyway. I went to the pool this morning. I have been going once a week since the start of October and it is really disheartening to see my time for 1500m increase week after week. I suppose this is to be expected since I used to swim twice a week, but still... it was a lot more fun when it went the other way, watching the numbers drop.

Look at that cookie he is attempting to shove into his mouth. Can you believe all the stuff he has piled on there? He took a few bites and then decided that was plenty and left the rest. Mallory, on the other hand, polished hers off. She is not a girl to let any stray sugar go to waste.

0 comments: