Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Second pass

It never fails that, after I take pictures of the kids and pick out immediate favourites, and then put them away for a few days, I come back to them with fresh eyes and something catches my attention that didn't before. I rather like this shot of Mallory sitting on the floor. Not crazy about how she has her hands bunched up in her dress, but it's a sweet expression.This one would be just about perfect if she were sitting up just a little straighter... the forward lean is throwing me off a bit. I don't like the bit of chair sticking up above her head. Also, I can't quite decide: does she look serene... or intense?? (The latter is very 'her'; the former, not so much.)This one really makes me smile. She kept doing these fake laughs to make herself smile. But it looks pretty authentic!Of course, if I want something truly representative of how our session went, this is probably the one I should choose! I am really looking forward to doing pictures with Liam sometime over the next few weeks. He is a little harder to come up with ideas for, in terms of props, but I think this year he will really shine and we'll get some great images. Which is a good thing, because we've had a giant canvas of Mallory in our living room for more than a year now, and I've been waiting to get the perfect shot of Liam to go with it.

2 comments:

jenn said...

Loving the brown backdrop! (and Miss Mal, of course, is cute as ever! Safari/Jungle theme party??)

Carrie said...

Good guess! :)