Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas past

So much buildup and then poof... it's over so quickly! We had a wonderful Christmas. Liam was so excited about everything, which made it soooo fun for us. Mallory had no idea what was going on, of course, but she just tries to copy everything Liam does, making it doubly hilarious. She has no idea why she's opening a stocking in one of the photos above, but she's doing it right alongside Liam like it makes total sense to her. Love that! I will have to do a gift recap soon while it's all still fresh. I am starting to lose the details already and I know I'm not the only one. Today Liam was walking around saying, "Where's my stuff?" And when I asked him what stuff he meant, he said, "The stuff that Santa brought!" I had to remind him that we have started putting it all away and that some is now in his bedroom, some in the playroom, some in the basement, etc.

I have much more to post from the entire week's events but it might take me a few days. It seems that every time I tell Santa that I don't need a big Christmas, he outdoes himself. This year my over the top, very much a surprise gift was a new iMac. Yep... after being a lifelong PC girl, from the age of 8 or so when I got my first Commodore 64... I am crossing over to the Mac dark side! It's going to take a couple months to get all set up, transfer files over and be sure I can do everything I need to do. But I think the media-friendly machine of the future is the way to go... especially for people like me who spend 95% of their computer time on creative endeavours. In the meantime I still have my XHD hooked up to the old machine and Photoshop is still there as well... so there is some back-and-forth going on, some plugging and unplugging of internet and USB cables to get it all done. I've already put a hold on a copy of a Mac switchover guide at the library - there is going to be some learning curve involved. Love all the cool little features that will make it all worthwhile though. The Photobooth feature (with which I took the photo of Liam and I on Christmas day) - how fun is that?

1 comments:

Dawn said...

oooohhhhhh aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! Can't wait to hear all about it, be sure to start a pro and con list, don't think this Toshiba I am typing on has much life left in it.......keeps crapping out on me. I have a little bug in my ear about switching to Mac, but I am intimidated by it. I can't wait to hear your reviews.