Friday, December 28, 2007

Gift recap 2007

Most practical gift: the fleecy sleeper Aunty Katrina gave Mallory. She wore her pajamas home from Stratford and when we took her car seat out of the car, we discovered that she'd puked all over herself sometime during the trip. It was so nice to have some brand spanking new pajamas to get her into on the spot! And luckily, she didn't christen them, too.
The kids' gifts that make mom jealous: Liam got a digital camera of his very own (the Fisher Price model) - and you know I will have more to say about that soon! - and Mallory got a red-headed, brown-eyed Cabbage Patch Kid, both from Uncle Darin and Aunty Jenn. It was cool to have a Cabbage Patch Kid that looked like you when I was a kid, so I'm happy for her. :)The one that got away: Mallory got the 'Sophie the Giraffe' squeaky toy (the one that's been churned out by the hundreds of thousands in France for the past 40 years) from Gramma and Grampa. And we left it in Stratford, right when I think she might be going through another round of teething. Duh.Biggest gift horner-inner: without a doubt, Liam. There's the shopping cart issue. He has also taken control of the dollhouse, for which Mallory received several dolls and pieces of furniture in her stocking ("No, Mallory, the dad is still changing the baby's diaper! Leave him alone!") He ate most of the Kernels popcorn that Santa left in Chad's stocking, and when I was unable to start unwrapping his gift to me the minute he brought it over, he popped open the gift bag himself and said, "We got you some slippers." And then went to find something else from under the tree to open. Another something without his name on it.Gift trifecta: the shopping cart from GG, toy cash register from Cousin Henry and kitchen from Gramma and Grampa Cook... it's like we've got 90% of the food chain in our house. Now all we need is to add some farm equipment (and perhaps a slaughterhouse?) to teach our kids how food gets on the table. Liam is doing a stellar job of keeping us all well-fed, though he is a little disconcerted that his kitchen didn't come with a dishwasher (it does have a fridge, stove, sink, microwave, and phone). Buck up, kiddo - I didn't have a dishwasher until I was 26.I'm sure there's a lot more to say, but it's escaping me right now... I do still plan to do a 2007 gift summary - I think that will be fun to look back on. Right now though I am still struggling with a few computer issues. Liking the Mac so far, but still trying to decipher its language. And dealing with some non-Mac technical issues as well, like, I was totally unaware that Blogger has a photo upload limit - and I've just hit 31% of mine. Thinking that, in order to share my photo overload from the past few weeks, I might need to turn to Flickr instead.

1 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm at 35%!