Monday, February 18, 2008

Family day - the inaugural

Here in Ontario, we are celebrating our first Family Day. Finally, a stat holiday in February! Previously, we've never had a long weekend between New Year's and Easter... which makes for a very loooong winter sometimes. I know this holiday is just a bone the premier threw out to win the last election, but I'm not one to complain about holidays.

The downside to this holiday is that it falls (duh) in February. Meaning that it is most likely too crappy to head outside, nothing is open, and there is not much to do here in our small town without some advance planning. We didn't think this one through ahead of time, so last night we were still scrambling for something to do today, and finally Chad suggested that we take the McDonalds gift cards we received as birthday party 'loot' the other night and have lunch at said place today. We could walk down in about five minutes, Liam could run amok in Playland, and it would be quality time spent together. It was fun - the last time we went to Playland, Liam wasn't able to scramble up the climbing structure without a boost from us, but this time he scaled it in no time. Once he came out the door crying - I think he got stuck coming down a tunnel for a bit and spooked himself. Within a few seconds though, the tears stopped and he headed back in for more. The birthday party at the Wild Zone is sounding better and better.

2 comments:

megan said...

I saw that top at the Superstore and so wished it came in big girl sizes! I thought of you when I saw it and figured it would be just the kind of thing you would pick for Mal.

Carrie said...

I saw another little girl wearing it at the Early Years Centre last week, and pestered her mom to tell me where she got it, then hied myself out to the store that same night to pick it up and got the last one in Mallory's size! It looks so cute with jeans. I never thought I would be such a sucker for little girl clothes!