Thursday, June 18, 2009

Party time

On Saturday, we threw a baby shower for (Darin and) Jennifer, which was a lot of fun. I am very excited to have a new niece/nephew/cousin on that side of our family. And I love having an excuse to throw a party. We went with an Asian theme, which isn't the norm for baby showers I suppose, but it was fun to do something different. The invitations went out with 'Year of the Ox' stamps on them, the favours were chocolate-covered fortune cookies in takeout boxes, and the party game prizes were an Asian cookbook and jasmin-scented soap. Aside from the fact that after making all that food, I am totally sick of soy sauce and am not sure whether I will ever be able to eat it again... all is well. Just kidding. I adore soy sauce and ate leftover Asian noodle salad for lunch every day until it finally got old enough to skeeve me and I had to throw the rest of it out. And even then, I was sad to do it. (Seriously, check it out: The best salad, ever. You'll see why I was so sad to let it go.)The weather held and we were able to pull it off outside... thank goodness! We could have accommodated everyone inside, but not without a ton of work once the outdoor setup was done. According to the invitations, the party ended at 3, but our last guests left sometime between 9 and 10 p.m. So overall I'd say that it was a success.

And then... because this site is supposed to be all about my kids... here is a super cute shot of Miss Mallory, in her party dress and waiting for our guests to arrive. She found my shoes and was having fun traipsing around in them, even if they did clash terribly with her outfit.

0 comments: