Thursday, October 15, 2009

Arrrrrrrrrgh, matey!

Sometimes, that is what Liam sounds like. He has not been able to keep away from his Halloween costume. At least a couple of times a week, he dresses up (complete with mustache and goatee). I think this is partly because Mallory gets all dramatic and feigns fear: "I don't want the pirate to get me!" And that does nothing but egg Liam on. Let's just hope the novelty doesn't wear off over the next couple of weeks. I have no intentions of making a last-minute run to a big-box store for a new costume the day before!

However.... that could ALSO be what comes out of my mouth, when I find out that Liam has had yet another accident at school (or, more specifically, at the after school program) because he is too shy to use the bathroom and would rather pee on the sports field instead. He holds it as long as he can, but evidently, 4 p.m. or so is the breaking point. I am kind of at my wit's end with this. The teacher said she would start making a point of taking him to the bathroom whether he wants to or not but... I kind of think she forgot about that. And frankly, when I am not with him all day - there is nothing I can do about it. Except to keep washing the dirty clothes that come home.

Like I said... arrrrrghhhh!

0 comments: