Friday, October 23, 2009

Back

The morning before I left for Houston, I took the kids to the pumpkin patch. I had these photos on the card in my camera while I was gone. Every time I missed them, I turned the camera on and scrolled through. I also did that when I was flying home through the remnants of Tropical Storm Rick and the turbulence made me think the plane was going down. (Yes, I am a nervous flier.) But, it could have been worse - my pilot could have fallen asleep in the cockpit and overshot the Detroit airport by several hundred miles, delaying the reunion even further.Mallory took a running leap at me when she saw me and gave me the biggest bear hug of all time, followed up by an out-of-the-blue "I missed you, Mommy" while I was driving the kids to daycare this morning. Liam? The one who cried himself to sleep multiple times this week? He's too cool for school. He's not giving much indication that he missed me at all. Though we spent some quality time cuddling last night and also took our time getting out the door this morning. (Actually, that is probably more due to the fact that today is Cindy's Halloween party, and it took me some time to get his mustache and goatee drawn on properly!)

0 comments: