Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Where Mallory says I am right now:

“In Youston, helping someone else do their work.”

Well... kind of. I am in Houston, though it's more like someone else is helping me do my work.

Yesterday, I finally stopped by my company's head office after my day work was done. Eight years ago they bought us and all anyone could talk about was how much commuting we would be doing between home and Houston. Eight years later (!) I finally made my first trip, and it was for a completely different purpose at that!

I got a tour of the Gas Control area of head office and met up with some old friends for dinner (I ate alligator!!) and a visit back at their house. Then I went for a hot tub before going to bed. I miss the kids like crazy, but I am trying to make the most of my alone time while I have it. I will be working later tonight, but there is a Cheesecake Factory a couple of blocks away and an FAO Schwartz that I can see from my hotel window. I think I know what I am having for dinner tonight, and I hope to follow it up with some early Christmas shopping.

0 comments: