Friday, May 05, 2006

Life imitates art

In the Friends episode called "The One With The Poking Device" (yes, I did have to look that up), Monica is babysitting Ross's baby Ben when he gives his head a good thump, and from then on all that Ben will say is Bang, ratting Monica out when Ross gets home. In a deja vu-ish turn of events, Liam came home from Cindy's with his goose egg on Wednesday night, and ever since he has been running around saying Uh oh! Our guess is that maybe Cindy said Uh oh! when he fell, and now we hear it about a hundred times per hour. Funny, I always thought his first words would be something along the lines of ball or Captain or You're the greatest, mom! - I guess that wasn't meant to be. I still don't know if I am supposed to count it as a true word because he says it all the time - to Captain, while lying in his crib, and also when I present him with a highchair tray full of fresh pineapple, which is his current very favourite thing to eat. If he can't discriminate when he says it then it probably should not count, but I need three words here people, and I have half a mind to let this one count as two.

0 comments: