Monday, February 05, 2007

33 weeks: barefoot and pregnant


The mood at our house today is better than expected. Chad is taking yesterday’s loss surprisingly well. Despite an exciting (and misleading) 1st quarter start, he claims not to have really expected the Bears to win… he was just glad to see them there. Awww. Doesn’t that just smack of good sportsmanship? The award for bad sportsmanship goes to Amy and Adam, who called at halftime to gloat when Indianapolis was only up by 2 points. Come on, guys – it still could have gone either way at that point! Yesterday’s all-meat menu went down well (though there was at least one person in the fridge looking for something with vegetables in it to round out his diet – proof that even on Superbowl Sunday, a little variety is in order) but we now have about 8 bags of leftover chips that we really don’t need stashed around the house. They are stashed away because Liam knows where they are normally kept and he really loves his ‘hips’.

His mood may start to take a downward turn as the week wears on and he doesn’t quite get why he’s being held hostage inside the house (both at home and at Cindy’s) when it’s a lovely sunny day outside. I think I drove past some penguins on the way into work this morning. It is insanely cold, and Cindy has been really good about getting the kids out for an hour or two each day all winter, but I think this is where the line is drawn.

On my end, there is nothing new. I had a doctor’s appointment last Wednesday that I never mentioned because it was uneventful as usual: girly, 152 bpm heartbeat, stable blood pressure, 1 pound gained since 2 weeks prior. However it was shortly after that appointment that Little Miss decided to perform some gymnastics that literally took my breath away. Now I’m a little freaked that maybe she has twisted herself right sideways rather than behaving and staying head down like she should… I guess I will find out next week when I am back to see Dr. Bailey again.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

How does an athlete like yourself have such nice looking feet???
How did the wing dip go over?

megan said...

The dip was so good that by the time I got there I had to scrape the dreggs off the edges of the pan.

Carrie said...

The dip was good - but too hot for me. I'm not a spicy food type of person. Megan's right though, it disappeared quickly so I take it that it was good!

As for the feet... well, yikes!... just trust me when I say you don't want to see them up close! (And also, my athletic tendencies have fallen miserably by the wayside as of late...)