Friday, April 25, 2008

Making Uncle Darin proud, one page at a time

Things continue to be crazy-busy. Thankfully I am not fully immersed in work yet, because there is enough other stuff going on to more than compensate for that! It's a bit of a drag not being able to just enjoy hanging out with the kids when I am not at work, but it's a temporary situation, and it will all be worth it in the end. I hope. :)

Last night Mallory was yawning and rubbing her eyes by 6:30 - her normal bedtime being 8:00 - but when we tried to put her to bed (at the normal time), she howled. This is very unlike her, and at first I thought it might be her teeth bugging her; she has one molar through and another on the way, and they both look awful - swollen, ragged, gaping - ugh. But her mouth didn't seem to be bugging her, and I think I finally figured out that, tired as she was, she just wanted to spend more time hanging out with us. This is the sad part about going back to work. I know she thoroughly enjoys her days with Cindy, but our weekday routine as of late has not left a whole lot of hanging out time for us. And it just so happens that her starting daycare, which would have been enough of an adjustment on its own, coincides with one of the busiest personal times we have ever had.

Luckily, our company is offering flex Fridays again this summer, and you know I'm all over that. Work an extra hour each day in order to get every other Friday off. I will cut my lunch hour in half to make up some of the time, and try to get into the office a half hour earlier each morning. Chad will drop the kids off at Cindy's at the usual time so that their day isn't lengthened any, and then he'll stay at the office a bit later to make up his time. Unfortunately we will feel the loss of the lunch hour - since I have started back to work, it's been prime kid-free errand-running time! Anyway, the new hours start next week, and I am busy making plans for our first long weekend already.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up, my little sweetie. We'll have you cruising through War and Peace in no time.