Monday, April 14, 2008

Three, continued

Birthday week (fortnight?) is now over at our house. Phew... enough with the frosting, the candles, the helium balloons dragging around on the floor way past their prime! Liam's party was a resounding success. We woke up to snow yesterday, so thank goodness we didn't go with that Hawaiian luau theme - spring weather can be so fickle!! The Wild Zone made for a great party destination. The kids had an absolute blast and Liam, who we all know is not the most extroverted kid in the world, was having so much fun that - gasp! - he chased some of his guests around! And he let them chase him! You know he is too caught up in having fun to be self-conscious when that happens. :)

The locale was indeed a bit lackadaisical, so I am glad that I was forewarned. When it was five minutes past meal time but the party room was empty, the table not set, the pizza not there and no employees to be found anywhere - I probably would have freaked had I not known what to expect. As it was, I set the table and opened the fridge to help myself to the drinks. The employee, when she showed up, was about 16, and she was a nice enough young thing that I will forgive her for only getting my Spider Man balloons blown up about 20 minutes before the party ended.

Liam scored a lot of great loot that we really don't need, but... he's so happy with it. He keeps telling me who gave him what. He's done all the puzzles at least once already. He's the kind of kid who loves it when all six guests at the party decide to help him open the gifts - it was so fun to watch. I love making him happy. I can't wait to throw him another party. But I don't want him getting any older... not yet... he is just too much fun the way he is right now, today.

Without further ado, here's the whole photo set. Go knock yourself out.

0 comments: