Thursday, May 15, 2008

(insert clever title here)

I haven't been around much lately because I haven't had much time: time to play with the camera, time to write about something, time spent with the kids to have something to write about. Chad is out of town again, this time to Chicago, which leaves me alone to juggle the kiddos, the house and work. Which presents its challenges, but which will all be worth it if he brings home some Garrett's Popcorn for us. He was reluctant to leave, and I think it's because he has very little faith that he will come home to a house that hasn't burned down or children who haven't wandered out into traffic. I was going to say I don't know what gives him these sorts of ideas, but when he called home last night, I think I put it together.

Chad: "Hey, how are things going?"
Me: "Fine. We're all fine."
Liam: *bloodcurdling scream in the background*
Me: "Crap, I'll call you back!" Click.

Liam's foot got stuck between the railings on Mallory's crib as he tried to climb into it. I think he was being a bit melodramatic... more scared than hurt, though he gave me a fright with the way he was carrying on. The foot is still in one piece, the crib is still in one piece, no harm done, right? And hopefully he will think twice before he tries it again. But I do think I left Chad wondering what the heck was going on for a few minutes there.

Thank goodness for long weekends, and thank extra goodness for extra long weekends, because I have tomorrow off and plan to spend 4 days relaxing (to some degree) and enjoying my family (to the extent that they don't drive me nuts). Things have been moving at breakneck speed lately, and these are going to be a few well-deserved mental health days.

0 comments: