Wednesday, January 07, 2009

It doesn't work like that

One of the activities of choice at our house these days is colouring. We have a nice little collection of colouring books, markers and crayons (the latter two being washable ONLY - thank goodness, as a couple of days ago, Mallory decided to colour all over Liam's back!) The kids will spend hours at it (which makes for a very happy mom and dad).Within fairly short order, Liam has learned how to colour inside the lines really well. The other day he did a giraffe and the spots on it are just impeccable. Mallory is more of a scribbler; she just enjoys leaving her mark on life. There's probably some meaning in that. One day last week, Liam was colouring a squash. Not just a boring squash; I think it was one of the Veggie Tales characters, with a face and all... anyway, he slipped outside of the lip line and left a small red spot on the yellow of the squash. He was beside himself, and asked me to wash it off. I told him that what was done was done and there was no going back now.This only made him cry harder as he wailed, "But the markers are WASHABLE!..."

(My sidebar seems to have disappeared from my computer at work, though it still shows up at home. Is anyone else missing it?)

2 comments:

Dawn said...

still there for me!

Brandy said...

I can see it too!