Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This one is for you, Megan

Oh. My. Heck!!!

Lost is on for three hours tomorrow night. It's a re-airing of last year's season finale, and then next week there is another three hours consisting of a one-hour 'recap' episode plus the two-hour Season 5 premiere. And then it's weekly Lost episodes for the next 4 months. Can I get a hell yeah!! Get your DVR's ready!

Because Lost is back on the air, Doc Jensen returns with a Season 5 preview. Soooo excited!

OK, now for some bullet points for those who don't give a whit about watching Lost.

  • I finished my quilt. Almost. Just waiting for some fabric to arrive so I can do the binding, and then it's done! It turned out just lovely. If Mallory were not my own flesh and blood, I would take her to Home Sense and make her fend for her own quilt and keep this one for myself... it's just sooo pretty. Or maybe, it's just the blood/sweat/tears that make me see it that way.

OK, now for some points for those who don't give a whit that I finished my quilt.

  • Interesting reading for Pioneer Woman fans over at Chicken Liver. Yes, I realize how old this is, and judging the from the size of the kitchen in her guest house, I didn't exactly think money was in short supply... still, interesting, if you're nosy like me. :P

OK, now for some bullet points for those who don't give a whit about Pioneer Woman.

  • Unless you've been under a rock for the last few days, you know that we are about to encounter cold weather of epidemic proportions. This wreaks havoc on my life, work-wise. So back to it I go.

1 comments:

Rose said...

I hope the weather isn't too awful and that you're well stocked on soup ingredients and hot cocoa.

I am so excited for you about the quilt. I need to get caught up on my work so I have time to do something like that....I really want to. Will you please share how you do the binding though? That's the most intimidating part for me, though I don't even know if that's logical.

Re: Pioneer woman - I don't know what to say about the speeding ticket thing, and I wonder a bit about the motivation of the person that wrote the other blog post, but yeah - how in the world could you think money was in short supply if you read her blog? KWIM? Plus, she's never claimed to be poor or broke or struggling for money...nor has she asked to be anyone's moral compass.

And, let's face it, some of us write blogs that are more like journals, some bloggers take on a bit of a persona, I consider most of them entertainment...though there are some (like yours) where I feel like it's more a long distance frienship. We've been reading each other's blogs for how long now?

(Random thought alert) If I wasn't such a slacker I'd have already told you that I loved your Christmas card, and wish I had it together to send out cards of my own.