Thursday, January 29, 2009

No longer able to get anything past them

The other night I picked up the kids from Cindy's house, and on the drive home, I farted. The silent but deadly kind. (Yes, internet, it's been known to happen.) There was a moment of silence and then Liam said, "I think I smell something."

I feigned ignorance: "Oh, really? Like what?"

Liam: "I think Mal pooped. I think we need to change her diaper when we get home."
Mallory: "I not pooping! I didn't do a poop!"
Liam: "Yeah Mal, I think you did."
Mallory: "Noooooo! I not pooping!"
Liam "Uh, yeah Mal, you're crazy, I know you did a poop. Mom will change your diaper when we get home."
Mallory: "Nooooooooooo!"

This went on for the entire drive home, and they were so busy arguing back and forth that they did not notice me laughing so hard (under my breath, of course) that I was crying.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

YOU SO NEED TO JOIN FACEBOOK!!! last night my status was:
"Dawn LOVES living with 3 boys, I was just summonsed to the living room in a panic. Apparently to smell. A fart."

Thought the house was on fire, but Eric farted, and Noah felt that I NEEDED to take a whiff! LOL!

Rose said...

You've seriously got to join facebook!!

Emily has already learned (from her dad) to fart and then say "JOSEPH!!!"