Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What I've been up to

This week, I am working on a mind-numbing offsite project that involves being cooped up in a stuffy hotel conference room all day long, going over the intricacies of some of our IT applications (which I know absolutely nothing about) with a fine-toothed comb. It's been a real hoot.

On top of that, I have been:

- Scraping Mallory off her bedroom floor every night and returning her to her bed before I retire for the night
- Explaining to Liam over and over why he is not allowed to have dessert on those nights when he decides not to eat any dinner
- Turning the house upside down looking for my Northern Pikes CD, and succumbing to the lure of iTunes to buy a new copy when the search proves fruitless. Thanks to Chad for assisting with my wild goose chase.
- Missing my third book club meeting in a row after not having read this month's selection.
- Staying up way too late reading the final book in the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn. This might also explain why I didn't get the literary selection of the month finished!
- Skulking around the backyard on a daily basis, checking out the buds on my newly planted selections. Man, do I love to plant stuff.
- Doing my best to avoid anyone with the remotest sign of a cough or a sniffle. Swine flu, man. I'm taking it seriously.

2 comments:

megan said...

I may still have my cassette tape, do you want me to check?

Kathryn said...

Thankyou Carrie - I did it - and in the process realised what a ditz I am - I had actually managed to get the badge sometime ago but didn't know where to put it - I was too ashamed to admit it after your help so kept trying and then it suddenly 'dawned' on me - like I said, not rocket science - all I needed to do was READ!!!