Wednesday, November 03, 2010

After 20 minutes with a flatiron. Think it was worth it?

I'm not so sure. It gave me straight hair, but it was still puffy straight hair, not sleek-like-Jennifer-Aniston's straight hair. I thought the flatiron would help compress it somehow, but I'm not sure that it did.

I do like how it looks, though. There is only so much that you can do with curly hair. I like the change of pace. Not enough to get up half an hour early on a weekday to do it, but maybe now and then on weekends... hmmm.

Mallory looked at me and said right away, "Your hair looks different, mom." She and Chad both said they like it curly better. (I'm sure that's just because that's what she is used to.) Liam looked at it for 0.003 seconds and then asked for another banana muffin.

4 comments:

megan said...

http://www.biosilk.com/silk/

I have some you can try. Not using the flat iron much myself these days.

Anonymous said...

I'm not so good with the flatiron myself.

When my hairstylest does it I don't have poofy hair. It is nice and sleek. This only makes my family laugh at me because they are used to me with big, ol' hair.

Dawn said...

Brazilian Blowout Serum.....nuff said.....makes flatironing a breeze. Don't even have to do the full treatment at the salon, just buy the serum, it's like a cream.....
I like the straight, had to do a double take though to be sure it was you your blog was minimized!

Ainsley said...

I believe we can blame our curls on genetics.
Flatironing takes patience (summer = an hour sometimes), practise, & the right product. It looks lovely on you, so GL with future straightening endeavors!