Monday, November 22, 2010

Weekend highlights

  • I took an extra rest day on the weekend and my foot was feeling much better for it. I went for a good run this morning and then spent the first hour of my work day rolling my foot on a frozen water bottle under my desk. My boss gave me a WTF? look but it's working for me. Debating whether I should try to squeeze in a trip to an orthopedist (?) before the end of the year.
  • Chad and I went to see Morning Glory, which we thought was custom-made for us, because he loves Harrison Ford and I love Rachel McAdams. Verdict: it was the worst movie we have seen in a long, long time. Though I would like to point out that Rachel was OK (she just had to contend with lousy writing) - Harrison was the one who really stunk.
  • I made an appointment with the vet for Captain, for next weekend. I also weighed him via the highly scientific method of first weighing myself, then weighing myself holding him and taking the difference. We were all shocked to hear that my unofficial measurement puts him at 7.5 pounds. The last time we had him at the vet, he was over 13. I honestly didn't know it was that bad.
  • I watched/listened to both the 2007 and 2008 Ironman world championship races in their entirety. Gotta love YouTube.
  • I got sucked back into the December Daily hype. Busy planning my project.
  • My parents came for a visit. I was too busy doing all of the aforementioned to get the floor washed or make the beds before they came, but they know me well enough to expect that kind of thing. Liam enjoyed playing road hockey with Grampa Ralph in our driveway.
  • Mallory showed Gramma and Grampa some of her dance moves.
  • This consisted of her repeatedly demonstrating her 'point and flex' and 'butterfly wings', over and over.
  • Liam was obviously feeling left out of the spotlight, because he proceeded to go downstairs to the dress-up box, and came back up looking like this.
  • Mallory, not to be outdone, went to put on a skirt and a Hawaiian lei before resuming her dance moves and showing us her booty-lootys. I just accidentally erased the photo of her plieing with her outfit on, so that's the end of the post for today.

0 comments: