Friday, December 10, 2010

2010 Christmas tree portraits

I take a lot of standard portraits that I repeat year after year. Birthday portraits and Halloween costume portraits and first day of school portraits... but I think that Christmas tree portraits are my very favourites of all. (Or maybe that's just because whatever I happen to be doing at the moment happens to be my favourite!)Last year I took our Christmas tree portraits on Christmas morning, and the kids were very good about cooperating in spite of all the excitement of the day. But this morning, the kids were in their PJs and we had the tree lit and the lighting was good - so we spent two minutes taking some snaps and getting this crossed off our list for 2010, so that nothing interferes with our Christmas morning. And I am very happy with how they turned out.

2 comments:

Always_Ash said...

These are really nice pics. What type of lens did you use? I like how the lights look blurry in the background.

Carrie said...

Thanks! These were taken with a 50mm f/1.4 lens (Canon).