Tuesday, December 07, 2010

O Christmas Tree. (Wait, did I already use that?)

I think I uploaded these photos on Monday night and now it's Thursday when I am finally getting the chance to comment on them. That pretty much sums up my life right now!
Work is insane, pretty much as bad as I have ever had it. I don't mean to complain because I enjoy a lot of it... but I am definitely under water in a lot of areas, too, and it's carrying over to other areas of my life. I haven't had much of a break/lunch hour/evening without some tidying up to do this week, and I could work all weekend and still not be caught up. I have a feeling that I am going to need to get used to this.
But that didn't stop me from tagging along with Liam's class to the Christmas tree farm on Monday. It was freaking cold. I mean, it was only a couple of degrees below zero, but the teacher made a comment about how much colder it would feel when we were in the forest and she was bang on. Thank goodness there were campfires scattered about for impromptu warming up - we needed them! The downside to that is that I cannot get the smell of campfire smoke out of the house now. I have washed all the snowpants, mitts, hats etc. but my camera still smells and I don't think there's much I can do about that.We had a great time at the farm, hiking through the trees, riding a train around the property, running around the playground and winding our way through two mazes (cedar and straw). Kindergarteners have it made, man.I am really hoping that work doesn't cramp my style too much on Monday, because the kindergarteners are going to be living it up again - they are putting on a concert and then inviting us back to their classroom for a party. I am very lucky to have a job that is mostly pretty flexible and I know that sooner or later, there will be an event that I cannot worm my way out of work to attend. But I am very much hoping that Monday is not the day that happens.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I chuckle a bit cause here if it dips below freezing they do not allow the kids outdoors, but in Canada it is below zero and you are out playing in the elements!

Carrie said...

I think the official policy for Liam's school is that they no longer go outdoors when it is -16 C or below. We're pretty tough!!