Thursday, March 17, 2005

Erin Go -- Bah, Humbug



I've been asked about ten times today why I'm not wearing green. I like green well enough, but to be honest, I'm not big on colour-coding myself according to the holidays. My excuse this year is that I don't have anything green that fits anymore. Cheryl just came into my office and suggested that I casually throw a regular green sweater around my shoulders. As if I need to add any more bulk to my frame at this point! For the first time in my almost 30 years, today I heard (on The Today Show, and again on the local news) that you're allowed to pinch anyone who's not wearing green on St. Patrick's Day. I've never heard this before but if I'm black & blue by day's end, I guess I will have deserved it.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the Irish. My dad put some Robinson family genealogy together that traces them back to Ireland about 5 generations ago. I also have an affection for Irish music to prove my point. For your listening pleasure today, may I suggest:

The Corrs
The Mahones
Hothouse Flowers

So there - I've proven I have a bit of Irish spirit. I have no problem admitting, however, that we have tacos on the menu for dinner tonight. Corned beef and cabbage just don't cut it!

0 comments: