Thursday, March 24, 2005

Random thoughts

Yesterday afternoon at work, I sat down to talk with Cheryl about maximum injectability and off peak storage and a whole bunch of other stuff that doesn’t mean much to anyone off of the 5th floor at the office. I have a little project in mind and wanted her opinion on it. It really struck me that I don’t have much time left at work. We are gearing up for another senior management presentation on April 6th, the planning and preparation for which take up half our time for about two weeks prior. Normally this presentation isn’t scheduled til mid-month, but the kind folks at the office wanted to be sure to get it in before I’m gone – so on my 3rd-to-last day it is. Nice. Anyway, I was thinking about trying to fit my pet project in around the other day-to-day stuff that I do, and this presentation, and I was thinking – it’s going to be tight.

And then I had my weekly visit to Dr. Bailey’s after that, during which I learned that I tested negative for group B strep (yeah!) but haven’t made any progress – the baby seems to be in no hurry to make an early appearance (boo! – if it’s going to happen any day other than April 14th, which is the guess Chad and I have, then I’d like it to be on April 5th – just early enough to get me out of that presentation!!) The good news is that the baby has dropped, which confirms what I thought. I never had that pregnant-lady-in-the-bathroom-ten-times-a-day syndrome until this past week, so I thought something might be up.

And then I went for a massage, about which I have nothing to comment on other than to say it was lovely, as usual.

I ran a couple of errands last night – money seems to be slipping through my fingers these days, but all for worthy causes, not mad money – anyway, I found another piece of the Chad’s-birthday-gift puzzle, a couple of shirts he might like. I say “might” because we have taste that is similar, but not the same. He buys me gifts that I would probably not think to buy myself but once I have it I always love it. On the other hand, I tend to buy him stuff he doesn’t like (and I shouldn’t even mention how awful I am at guessing his size when holding up an article of clothing before me). I am getting better at picking out things that say “Chad”, but it’s been a 12-year haul to get here.

0 comments: