Sunday, March 20, 2005

Weekend Rambles



Another weekend is behind us already - HOLY CRAP. Time is flying so fast. I feel so not ready for this. Will that change over the next few weeks? If I went into labour tomorrow, I would honestly start to panic.

The final preparations around the house are done. This weekend Chad and I had some free time so we went to Michigan to visit Renee and her family, and pick up the rug (in Kiwi) that she graciously let us ship to her house. She just got a new little boxer puppy who is just about the cutest thing ever - that's the closest I've ever seen Chad to wanting a dog himself! We wrapped up the day by running several errands to pick up wedding and shower gifts for friends and family - yes, that season is nearly upon us. At home we unrolled the rug and then cleared out the non-nursery baby items from the nursery. The bassinette is in the living room, the stroller behind the couch until it's time to move it to the truck, and the bouncy seat tucked into a corner until it takes up residence on the kitchen island (where I think it will spend the most time). The nursery is now just a little sweet sanctuary for sleep. We also started packing a hospital bag, though all that really got done was we chose a going-home outfit from our little closet full of newborn cuteness.

Today I was supposed to get about ten chapters read for my upcoming exam - ha - what really happened was I slept through my class at the gym, putzed around a lot, and took the weekly belly shot, above. I'm running out of ideas here. If there's not some sort of holiday involved that I can work around or use props from, then it takes me forever to get a setup I'm happy with.

Back to work tomorrow - my second-to-last Monday. GACK. This is a short week, with a stat holiday on Friday and two appointments during the week - a pre-register at the hospital on Tuesday and a regular weekly with Dr. Bailey on Wednesday. Before I know it another week will be under our belts.

0 comments: