Friday, April 08, 2005

Well, it was a nice idea, anyway

I saw Dr. Bailey this morning - was quite excited to do so, wondering (yet again) whether there was anything going on. Well, here's her comments from today:

(1) Originally she predicted a 'big' baby (8+ pounds) - that was revised to 7.8-7.12 a couple of months ago - further revised to 7.0-7.8 a few weeks ago - today revised to "a small baby" (which I'm assuming means under 7 pounds??) I've gained 21 pounds to date which I believe is why she's putting me on the small end of the scale.

(2) What's worse, there is absolutely nothing going on in terms of dilating or even thinning. So the same woman who ten days ago was willing to bet the baby would arrive on April 9th or 10th, and that there is no way you will hang onto this baby until the 16th, today told me I would almost certainly go overdue and that she would give me ten days past due, MAYBE 14, before inducing. Quite a turnaround!!

(3) And what's even worse than that, and what is more gory than what I'd really like to discuss here, I asked all my questions about this pudendal block business and got that sorted out. Glad that I know more about it now, but let me put it this way - three needles in the crotch is not something I am looking forward to.

So all in all... not a great trip to the doctor's office.

0 comments: