Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I've been outed

So... yeah. Obviously there has been a lot going on around here for the past few months. ;) I hadn't intended to spill so soon, but these things have a life of their own and the word is already out. If things work out as we hope, #2 will arrive in March. So far, the pregnancy is going similarly to how it did with Liam - I have felt about the same level of tiredness and about the same level of sickness, which peaked during the same weeks. At first I didn't remember being so sick with Liam, but then memories of retching into public garbage bins on the streets of Paris came flooding back to me... I guess you really do block out the bad in your mind and only remember the good. Actually, that makes it sound a lot worse than it really has been. My nausea has pretty much been confined to stretches of no more than 20-30 minutes or so - a far cry from the unlucky souls who actually puke all day for nine months straight. Or from those who never get to experience the joy of knowing that the puking is all for a reason. I am not complaining.

While this is all terribly exciting for us, it's still early - as in still-first-trimester early, as in been-here-before-and-know-what-it's-like-when-it-doesn't-work-out early. So send me your sticky baby vibes, and we'll continue to proceed cautiously for the next couple of weeks.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT banner!!!! That is a super amazing shot!!!! You'll have to spill who spilled the beans!!!

Kelly said...

Congratulations!!! I am very happy for you, Chad, and Liam. The age difference between yours will be the same as Sydney & Jason. Trying at times, but worth it in the end I think.
If we do not manage to do it before, we will need to be sure to get the kids together when we are on mat leave together again!
How do you manage to change your banner so easily? I know when Brad does it, it seems to be endless playing & reformatting. Or is it the same for you and you just like to do all that work?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Yes I heard about it but didn't saying anything because I hadn't heard the good news from Dana. I figured it slipped accidentially.

megan said...

Wow!
Congratulations! You have a lot of work ahead of you to make sure you photograph/scrapbbok this one's every move just like Liam's. Take it from a neglected 2nd child, there will be hell to pay if you don't. (unless it's another boy, then he won't give a crap)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!! Sending sticky, healthy pregnancy thoughts your way. :)