Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Going home again

Today I took Mallory to baby day at the OEYC for the first time. They were running an infant massage class... in fact, it was our doula who was running the class... how could I pass it up? Liam is back to going to Cindy's house on Tuesdays, as per our original arrangement, which was struck specifically with getting out to baby day in mind. (Older siblings aren't welcome.) Anyway, it was a strange feeling, being back down there with newborn in tow. The faces are all unfamiliar; even the centre's staff have changed. And as far as the babies go, we are back at the bottom of the totem pole: Mallory was definitely the youngest one there. I'm not sure how often we will go. Looking at the June calendar, there are several days set aside for education sessions, one on infant literacy and another on car seat safety. I think I have already sat through both presentations twice, and will lose my mind to do it again. We'll make use of the centre this time around, yes, but only when it's to Mallory's benefit - not, supposedly, to mine.

With that... a few more photos from today:When Mallory was first born, we had a FedEx truck come to the door one day with a huge box. Upon opening it we found the biggest new baby gift basket we'd ever seen, but rather than being in a basket, the whole thing was piled into a Bumbo baby seat. (The gift was from some of Chad's customers, and prompted both of us to say, "We're going to need to report this!") I can't say I would have bought a Bumbo on my own, since we have a bouncy seat contraption that serviced Liam just fine and frankly, who needs more baby gear at this point?... but I have to admit... it's pretty cool. Mallory is just about ready for it now. Also, I can't get over what a ham she is... so unlike Liam!... and I am loving using the nursery rug as a backdrop these days.
The point of this photo, which you can't really see here, is that Mallory and I totally coordinated today... and not even on purpose. I'm wearing brown capris under my pink T shirt. I think I see a future of mother-daughter outfits unfolding before me.Also big news today: Liam has finally figured out how to blow bubbles. This is a very big deal, as it comes on the heels of weeks of him not understanding how to pucker his lips and blow, and sticking the bubble wand fully in his mouth, soap and all. Go, Liam!

1 comments:

Dawn said...

Noah is wearing the same shirt liam is wearing in these photos today!