Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Business is booming


Here's how I spent part of this past weekend - doing this shoot, and the subsequent post processing. I was approached by a coworker to do the session as a gift for another coworker who had twins back in December. Can you believe these little munchkins are almost two months old already? They were still teeny tiny, and so well behaved. In hindsight, once I figured out how to tell them apart, I think I included way more individual shots of Bella than I did of Chase in this video. When I burned the final image CD for them, I added a few more of Chase to balance things out.

For February I have four shoots scheduled, three of them being newborns. There must be something in the water! I still do this by word of mouth only and this pretty much convinces me that I don't need to do any sort of advertising. As a side business and not my main job, it's keeping me plenty busy. I'm working on establishing some policies and workflow enhancements that will help to minimize the time I spend on each job. Just as necessity is the mother of invention, so volume seems to be the mother of efficiency.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

yeah, so after seeing your slides, I am not convinced my actions will acheive what you want them to. I will have to play a bit, I think???

Very nice job!! Now, teach me how you did the slideshow!

Rose said...

Beautiful photos - I can absolutely see why word is getting around!

Anonymous said...

*sigh* just lovely...