Friday, February 27, 2009

Our 23rd game of hide n seek this week

This morning I got up at the crack of dawn to make a pot of Crab and Corn Chowder. We're having a soup tasting/contest at work today. I have never brought anything in for something like this before, but I figured after working here for 12 years it's probably my turn to take a kick at the can. I am not such a fierce competitor that I am dying to win this contest... I am just praying that my soup will not come in last place. Send some positive thoughts my way - I am a bundle o' nerves over here.

As for the weekend, I have to get last weekend's newborn photos finished, burned to CD and delivered, and I have one more shoot on Sunday to cap off a month of weekly jobs. Nothing further scheduled right now and I am looking forward to the break! I also have three sewing projects that are each about 90% finished... I really need to learn to finish one thing before moving onto the next!... hoping to wrap some of those up this weekend (although at least one is waiting on fabric that is in transit to finish it). I am planning to take the kids for passport photos - Liam should be fine but, as with all things, it's Mallory I have to worry about. I am taking Liam to a birthday party on Sunday, and should be receiving a stack of movies from a friend today, so I hope there is time to fit a few of those in, too. Anyone want to come watch The Reader with me on Saturday night? Chad is having a Boys Night Out, so I guess it is Girls Night In. Oh, and the house needs to be cleaned - I kind of neglected it last weekend during the sewing frenzy, and it shows. So if you come to my movie night, please ignore the dust bunnies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is another one of those times I wish we lived closer! I too will be left alone during that boys night out but have a craft room that needs to (finally!) be emptied out for Darin's painting extravaganza next week. I could afford a few hours away to watch a movie (that I've been dying to see...just finished the book!) but factor in the driving time and I'm afraid I'll have to pass :(
Good luck with the soup...sounds delicious! (yet another recipe I'll have to get from you!)

Dawn said...

passport photos? Where ya goin?

megan said...

I would love to come, can I bring the girls and lock them in your play room?