Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Quality time

A few years ago, the Ontario government decided to give us a stat holiday called Family Day in February. Never one to complain about a day off work, I happily accept it and will even willingly spend time with my family in order to justify the not going to work part.On this particular Family Day, we decided to go to the Children's Museum in London. We'd never been before but thought the kids might finally be old enough for it. Little did we know that they are the perfect ages for it... Liam loved all the activities, and Mallory just enjoyed running wild among so many other kids. I'm sure they will be the 'perfect' ages for it for some time to come. They will get even that much more out of it once they are old enough to read the exhibits on their own, etc.
My favourite part was the whale skeleton hanging from the ceiling in the cafeteria.Mallory's favourite was going down the slide in the treehouse about 25,000 times. You'd think she'd never been on a slide before in her life.This winter has been all about skidoos for Liam. Living across the road from a field, backing onto parkland and with an empty lot beside us... every time it snows, there is a constant stream of skidoos zipping past our house. So he was thrilled to have a chance to get on one at the Arctic exhibit.

He also insisted on waiting in line behind 20 kids to have a turn on a Plasma Car, even though he has his own in the basement. It figures. (Yes, the Children's Museum is a madhouse on Family Day!)The dinosaur bones were pretty cool, too.

After the museum we went for lunch at East Side Mario's and what do you know? - kids ate free for Family Day. So I guess we picked the right spot.

Coming up this week: what I did on my weekend, a multi-part saga. Stay tuned.

1 comments:

Dawn said...

me thinks Liam needs a skidoo......and me thinks if he gets one you better invite me to Chatham!

p.s. I didn't blow up your puter with the actions I created did ya? Haven't heard back...hope all is well!