Friday, February 13, 2009

Woot! for long weekends

Supposedly, they are getting treat boxes ready for their daycare friends. I think I spy a few chipmunk cheeks here though - I don't believe for one second that all the candy made it into the boxes.

Yesterday was an eventful day around these parts, with a lot of flooding closing local roads as the Thames and Sydenham rivers overflow their banks. The water level in our local creek rose quite a bit on Saturday and Sunday, but there's a pumphouse at the other end that was pressed into service, and by Monday morning the water level had dropped significantly. Our basement is still dry, so all is well.

Today the kids have a Valentine's party at Cindy's house, and I have a few holiday surprises lined up for them tomorrow as well. Liam swims in the morning and then I have a photo shoot to do in the afternoon. On the way home I am hoping to pick up something spectacular for dinner... haven't quite decided what yet. Whatever looks fresh and yummy (surf? turf? who knows). The rest of the weekend should be fun and relaxing. This is our third year (???) with the Family Day stat holiday on Monday. I still can't quite get used to a holiday weekend in the middle of winter, but far be it from me to complain. I have to pass the fabric store on my way home from my shoot tomorrow, and I have a feeling I might stop in to pick up a couple things. Hoping I can make headway on the photo editing and still put those things to use before the weekend is out... and of course, most if not all of this will have to happen during naptimes and at night. I've added a fifth project to the queue. Have I ever mentioned that I have a tendency to take things to the extreme??

1 comments:

Dawn said...

is the 5th project top secret or can your friend in the US that can keep secrets get a hint?
Envious of your long weekend!