Thursday, March 26, 2009

Big finish

Our little camcorder was Chad's birthday present to me a couple of years ago, and sometimes I feel guilty that I don't use it enough. I think he was feeding off my photography obsession when he gifted it to me, and it was definitely something I wanted and had toyed with the idea of getting - but it is not something that will ever take the place of still-frame photography in my life. I am not likely to become the next Steven Spielberg. Or the next Dawson Leary, for that matter. :)

Still... I treasure a lot of these little clips that we've collected over the past two years. Some of them are pretty mundane, but it's fun to look back and hear Liam's little colloquialisms from when he was younger or to see how shaky Mallory was when she first started walking. The reading of Brown Bear, Brown Bear that I caught the other day was a completely lucky catch. I had never seen Mallory do that before, and I only had the camera out because I was checking on the battery so I could film Liam's skating routine this week. It's made me pledge to have the camcorder out more often. You never know what you might get.

Without further ado... I present to you, from the 2009 Figure Skating Club production of "A Night At the Movies"... the preschool CanSkate class, and their interpretation of Kung Fu Fighting. Liam is maybe half a dozen kids in from the right hand side.

There are several more minutes of the routine that I have edited out for you - the whole class skates down to the other end of the rink and back again. Those poor instructors must have nerves of steel. They have been practicing this over and over for the past three weeks and they don't really seem to be that much better than they were when they started.

Having said that though, Liam has come an awfully long way in his skating. Look how fast he can move now. Remember the clip I filmed during his second (I think) lesson? I guess the money was well spent, after all.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Liam. Quite an improvement from pushing the chair.