Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My whereabouts

I haven't been around much lately because things have been hectic. Story of our lives, right? Sometimes I think I would like to have been a cave person. Sun sets at 4:30 in the winter? Might as well go to bed, nothing more to do for the day...

We've had a little home improvement project on the go lately that has been keeping us busy. We are drywalling and putting a floor down in the main part of the basement so it is better for the kiddos to play down there. We did spend lots of time during the winter riding plasma cars and bikes around a circuit, but with unfinished floors and walls, it has never felt like the kind of place you can go without putting on your outside shoes. This will make it a happier place we want to spend more time in. Well, except for the fact that it's spring, and we are all rip-roaring to get outside.

We have a lot of painting ahead of us... it's a big space, and there's primer, then multiple coats on the ceiling and walls... this is not going to be a $50 paint job. It's going to be a serious wad of cash in paint alone, never mind the effort to get it on the walls. Chad ordered the floor today - we're just going with a simple laminate - something the kids can pound on (and ride their bikes on again next winter) without any angst from me.

In the meantime, work has been hectic as well. Tonight I am working from home. This irks me to no end because today was a mother-lode kind of a day. In the mail I received issues of two new magazines, some fabric for a project I'm working on, and a scrapbook kit I've been waiting on for three months. In addition to wanting to work on all of those things tonight, I also went out at lunch today and bought Eclipse, the third book in the Twilight series. I am number 35 on the waitlist at the library as of today, and the suspense is killing me. I simply cannot wait that long to read what happens next.

So, yeah. There's nothing like having lots of great stuff available to do and not being able to do any of it, right?

One last photo to show how I've been spending my time lately. This is what happens when you have a basement full of drywall dust and a cat who likes to prowl around down there. Every morning we come downstairs and find this on the kitchen counters. Damn cat.

0 comments: