Monday, March 09, 2009

A recommendation for the Blogger people: add a function to let me review my last blog entry while composing the next

That way, I could see whether or not I made any progress on my checklist of things to do on the weekend. I know I wrote about that on Friday, and now I am trying to think of how much headway I made. It would be nice if I could confirm.

Unfortunately, I came down with a bug on Friday night which lasted well into Sunday. So that was kind of a bummer. I'd much rather be sick midweek than on a weekend, thankyouverymuch. I don't think it was the fault of the Thai takeout on Friday night, since there were five other people eating it too, and they are all right as rain.Speaking of rain - that's all it did, all weekend long. So it was, in fact, a good weekend to check things off my list. For instance, I did get the binding done on Mallory's memory quilt. I am very happy with how it turned out though in hindsight, I would have used a different batting. I don't know if that would have made much difference, but it might have made it a little less lofty, which I like. Live and learn. I will probably do Liam's overly-lofty as well just so they match, even though I'm not crazy about it. I am a glutton for punishment like that. We watched Revolutionary Road, which Chad thought was craptastic and I thought was just about the most depressing movie ever. Which I knew it would be, heading into it. No surprise there. On Saturday afternoon the kids video-conferenced with Gramma and Grampa in Hawaii. Liam lost interest after about two minutes, and Mallory spent the remainder of our chat trying to read them her princess books. After that my dad politely suggested that we knock back from attempting a video call every week to every two weeks. I think it's all that his nerves can take. Mallory has that effect on people.

This photo reminds me of something else I swore I would do on the weekend: finish editing the twins' birthday photos (you can see one of them on the computer screen, peeking out in Bridge from behind iTunes (apparently we were listening to Beyonce when Gramma and Grampa called)). Check! They're all posted in the Flickr badge in the bottom sidebar.

I did a few odd jobs around the house that have been waiting for far too long, I did start reading New Moon, and although I didn't finish it, I did start sewing a new blind for the family room window. I feel bad that I got all the other blinds done before we even moved and it's taken me six months to get around to this one. With my sewing machine constantly in use these days, I had no excuse not to do it. I am writing the process out as I go along and will post when it's done. I'm sure there are other ways to do it and probably better ways to do it, and real honest-to-goodness seamstresses will probably cringe to know how I do it, but oh well. It is what it is.

So all in all... it was a pretty successful weekend. I got off my duff and got a lot done. I am normally a pretty high-energy person and it feels like this winter sucked the life out of me. I am just now starting to get some of it back, thank goodness. Most of this stuff is done while the kids are either napping or in bed for the night, and it is not always easy to dive into a project at 9 p.m. at night - I need all the help I can get. Next weekend is another loaf-around-the-house weekend with no plans yet, and if it stays that way, I should be able to knock another good chunk off the to-do list.

(This is Mallory settling down for her Sunday afternoon nap. It doesn't look like she is planning to do much sleeping.)

0 comments: