Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I like this picture of Mallory because the way Cindy fixes her hair after her nap reminds me of the girl from Napoleon Dynamite

If it seems to be all about Mallory lately, well, that's because it is. But don't kid yourself and think that is necessarily a good thing. A couple of nights ago, Mallory realized that unlike the crib that actually confined her - her bed has no mechanism to prevent her from getting out at will. So I put her to bed, and she got out. And I put her to bed, and she got out. And we repeated the game several more times before she gave up and went to sleep.

The same thing happened again last night, except that she was much more persistant and we played many more rounds before she finally went to sleep. She cannot open her bedroom door and in fact, the only way I knew she was out of bed was that every once in a while, I (working in the office across the hall) would hear the sound of plastic rustling coming from her room. And I would go in to find her sitting right by the door (likely because that's the only place there was a crack of light to see by) playing with an unopened package of baby wipes. Where she kept finding these packs of wipes, I have no idea. I mean, there's a box of them in her closet, but I wouldn't expect her to be going in there in the dark to find them. It was actually pretty funny, to find her sitting there acting like this package of wipes was just the best plaything ever.

Each time I found her I would pick her up and plunk her silently back into bed, and the last time I heard from her, she was talking to herself around 9:40 p.m. I figured that was it for the night, but she woke up crying hysterically at 2:30 a.m. I dragged myself down the hall to see her and found her standing by the door. When I put her back to bed, it seemed pretty cold and empty. I have a sneaking suspicion that she was actually out of bed again, unbeknownst to me, and fell asleep beside the door before she woke up cold in the middle of the night after the furnace ratcheted back.

Oh well. Serves her right, and will hopefully teach her a lesson.

And just so he's not left out of everything around here this week, here's Mr. Liam, sporting his spiffy duds. Man, do I love this shirt.

0 comments: