Thursday, July 23, 2009

How to decide?

I spent a couple of hours last night editing some more wedding photos. So much for my hiatus. Like a moth to a flame... I keep going back!

Anyway, it struck me as I was doing a second pass-through of the photos and pulling out some more favourites, that it's going to be awfully hard to decide what to print. I have a loooot of raw material to work with. Some are one-off type shots and it's a no-brainer that they will get printed. Some are repeats of the same pose, but a blink or wayward hair makes narrowing it down easier.

And then I have this series of Mallory. There are about thirty in all (I know, I know - overkill) but each one is slightly different. Each one represents a different side of her personality. How will I ever decide?

The "Smiling Just Enough But Not Too Much" One

The "Smiling So Hard My Cheeks Are Going to Fall Off" One

The Subdued Pretty Girl One

The Slightly Quirky Sideways Glance Pretty Girl One

The Charming Crooked Smile One

The "I've had enough!" One

There are more of her smelling her bouquet and then starting to twirl her hair around her fingers (a.k.a. the signal that sleep is impending!)

Oh, dear, this is going to be hard.

3 comments:

megan said...

The Slightly Quirky Sideways Glance Pretty Girl One

If you are asking

Unknown said...

She is just adorable.....I can see why it would be so hard to decide.

Aunt Shirley

Dawn said...

love them all but adore the second one with her scrunched up nose!