Wednesday, July 08, 2009

You have reached the end of the internet. There is nothing more to read.

Yesterday, I took some heat for not having posted anything lately, but what can I say? - even I run out of things to say from time to time. There will come a day when this blog will cease and desist. There will come a day when my kids will keep the details of their lives private from me, let alone me keeping them private from you.

Anyway, in an attempt to appease the masses - ha! - here are a few photos from our Canada Day celebrations. Not only have I been slacking on the posting lately but I have also been slacking on getting my photos uploaded/edited/sorted. And that photography website I started last month and haven't updated since? Don't get me started on that. Much. To. Do. No small-town celebration would be complete without a couple of things: number one, the travelling snake show. Seriously, this is so NOT my thing. Did anyone see the story on CNN about the python who killed a 2 year old sleeping in a crib last week? (If not, don't worry, I understand that world news has been completely overshadowed by Michael Jackson these past ten days. I mean, North Korea fired seven missiles this week, but I'm sure most people don't know about that, either.) That's the only thing that keeps me at arms length to the snakes at these types of shows: the ability to clobber said beast if they go after one of my kids.And then there is the ubiquitous cow train! How many times has Liam ridden this thing now?? One... Two...Three... I will stop there - partly because you get the point and partly because the other photos are on my XHD at home and I don't have access to them.

Anyway, this was the first year that Liam really enjoyed the bouncy castle-type activities. We had gotten him to try them in the past but he was totally not into all the kids bumping into him and the jostling. This time, he loved it all.So did Mallory. Big surprise, right? She has always been a little bit tougher around the edges than Liam. It's a good thing when you are 2, but I have visions of her hanging out in bars with bikers when she is 16. It won't always be a good thing.
The lines were not too bad at these events since we were there in the morning and the parade was not until late afternoon (damn misprint in the paper!) So I guess it's good that we got out early, after all.

Hello, stranger's bum.Of course we went back to the parade later that day. How could we not? The kids are totally into the police cars that start and finish the parade and, of course, the candy that gets thrown. I snitched a piece of bubble gum from their 'loot bags' this week, and it was awful. It actually stuck to my teeth, and I spent two hours picking bits of it out. Not that they are allowed to have gum, but... I have started to question all of the stuff they picked up now. All these suckers were probably made in China and they likely have melamine in them.

Oh well. The kids have tough stomachs. I'm sure they will survive.

0 comments: