Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Nary a white dress or bouquet in sight

The good news, if you are getting sick of wedding-related stuff (and really, how could you? Who doesn't love a wedding?) is that as of yesterday, I hit my upload limit on my Flickr account. 75 photos a month is roughly the max, so it will be another 9 days or so before I can upload some more to complete the gallery. Sure, I could upload to one of the other 2 Flickr accounts I maintain, but that would make it kind of confusing. The good news in this is that it will give me some time to continue editing the images, because as of right now I have posted most of what I have finished editing (link is in the sidebar).

So that puts us back into the realm of everyday life, and in this capacity I have a stack of unedited images to get around to, too. :) This one was taken last Friday, on our way to the wedding. Cindy belongs to a local network of daycare providers and they had arranged a group discount day at Storybook Gardens in London that happened to be the Friday before the wedding. Originally we had planned to pick the kids up at lunchtime so we could drive up to Stratford that afternoon. After hearing about Cindy's plans, we decided to go through London en route to Stratford and pick up the kids along the way just as Cindy was packing up the van to bring them home. At home, it rained for most of the morning, but in London it stayed dry until 20 minutes before they left. So they got to check out the animals and play on the playgrounds, and even use the splash pad, although it wasn't very hot. (At first I was almost disappointed that Cindy had this trip arranged, since we normally take the kids to Storybook Gardens on our own at some point during the summer, but we usually pick a hot day to do it, to make the most of the splash pad. This year has been so freaking cold though that it occurred to me that we could well go all summer waiting for a nice hot day that never materializes - so it's good that she got them there after all!) They rode the carousel while it rained and stayed dry underneath it... well, at least Liam rode the carousel. Mallory didn't want to. This does not bode well for the Disney trip we have planned, and I asked Mallory whether she would ride Cinderella's carousel when we go. She swears that she will, but that remains to be seen.

0 comments: