Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Today

Outside my window... it's starting to rain, which is a bummer, because I told Liam he could play in the sprinkler this afternoon with Gramma and Grampa.

I am thinking... that I am never going to get my objectives for 2009 finished. And that's with 5 months left in the year! Guess I should get to work, huh?

I am thankful for... the health of my family. Now, am I going to get roasted again for saying that?

From the kitchen... nothing from me tonight - hooray! We're going out to dinner with my parents.

I am wearing... brown capris, a green tank and a jean jacket to combat the eleventy-billion-below-zero AC-generated temps in the gas control room.

I am creating... not much right now - I'm between projects. Just gone done some mammoth photo editing. Before that, I put together a mini-album from our trip to Chicago:



(These are double-page spreads.) I have started an album for our upcoming vacation, and I still have a quilt top to finish off and those blinds that need sewing. For me though, I think sewing is really a fall/winter hobby!

I am going... on vacation soon. And. I. Can't. Wait!!!

I am reading... two books right now, and they are both completely engrossing: My Life in France by Julia Child, and The Time Traveler's Wife (yes, again!) by Audrey Niffenegger. The latter is now definitely my all-time favourite book. I have utterly loved it this time through.

I am watching... umm, my computer monitor? Mostly at our house these days, it's Madagascar 2, which I think is hilarious. The penguins crack me up. Mallory has been known to walk around reciting parts of the dialogue. "Sixty nine months? No, six TO nine months!" She cracks me up, too. The most recent big-person movie we watched was a documentary called Running the Sahara. The first DVD we got skipped terribly, and we only got 20 minutes into it before breaking down and requesting a second copy to be shipped. Finally got to finish it off a couple of weeks ago. It's a good movie about people who must be utterly insane!

I am hoping... my new neice/nephew will be born soon so we can finally meet him/her. No pressure, Jenn!

I am hearing... very little right now. The office seems quite empty today. A good time to buckle down and get some stuff done.

Around the house... there is laundry to fold and and small piles of stuff on nearly every surface. And some pictures to hang. But... it's MOSTLY clean... major accomplishment there.

A few plans for the rest of the week... nothing at all. And I am going to enjoy every minute of it.

0 comments: